Friday, January 27, 2012

Legal Drinking Age In The United States

What I know: From what I know you have to be twenty-one years of age to legally purchase or consume any type of alcohol in the United States. The person purchasing the alcohol must have a valid state ID or drivers license. I also know it is illegal for anyone to purchase alcohol and provide it to individuals under the required age of twenty-one. Almost all other countries have no or a lower drinking age. What I'm interested in knowing is why The United States legal drinking age is twenty-one but to enlist in the military you only have to be eighteen? Is there any chance of the legal drinking age ever being lowered? If the legal drinking age is ever lowered what would it be lowered to? My audience would be people under the legal drinking age or anyone with interest in lowering the drinking age.

3 comments:

  1. What is your connection to this subject? Why are you interested in it? What keywords would you use in your search terms?

    Please post a comment here responding to the above questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My connection to the subject is that it's something I have always thought should be lowered. I'm interested in this subject because I think the legal drinking age should be lowered. I would use drinking,legal,twenty-one, and age for the search terms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've completed this writing journal.

    ReplyDelete